Serving the Portslade community, Sussex Funeral Services is an independent undertaking service and funeral director providing every component of funeral care. We are dedicated to caring for the deceased with only the utmost respect, professionalism and sensitivity. Our high quality service includes comprehensive and compassionate care and support for you and your family from the first moment you contact us.
At Sussex Funeral Services, we understand that losing a loved one can be one of the most challenging times that you will ever face. We will support, guide and comfort you while you work through the natural emotions you may face, including intense grief, anger and bewilderment. We will ensure all of the funeral arrangements are made, and will gently advise you as you navigate the many choices available to you for honouring the passing of your loved one. This may be a difficult time, but we’ll ensure that you won’t go through it alone.
We’re available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to ensure that you receive all of the support and care that you need during this time.
Independent Portslade Funeral Directors and Undertakers
Our motto is ‘For Caring, Compassion and Choice’. We want everyone to be able to honour their loved one in a personal and caring way that reflects the wishes of the deceased and their family. As an independent funeral directors and undertakers local to Portslade, we’re able to provide comprehensive funeral services that are personalised to your specific requirements so that you can create a heartfelt service that uniquely honours your loved one.
Whether you opt for a traditional religious service or a unique alternative funeral, at Sussex Funeral Services we will ensure that we meet your every need. Similarly, regardless of whether you require a simple, cost-effective ceremony or a more extravagant affair, we will guarantee that every facet of the ceremony meets your approval.
As part of our comprehensive service, we will advise on every aspect of the funeral service, from the largest details to the smallest. We can help you choose between a traditional or an alternative ceremony, decide on a coffin, and will help arrange the most fitting venue for the service and organise catering if required. If you desire, we will also advise and arrange every detail down to the flower arrangements and the finishing touches that make each funeral a personal occasion.
We are here to support you and guide you through the wide array of options available, whatever style of funeral you prefer and whatever your budget. At Sussex Funeral Services, we will never rush you, but will take all the time you need to sort through the decision-making process.
Highest Standards, Flexible and Responsive to Your Needs
Sussex Funeral Services is owned and operated by Philip Evans and his partner, Sallie Clark. We are proud to be a local Portslade business, and as part of our mission we are committed to staying involved in the community and developing the deep, trusting relationships that allow us to provide compassionate and highly-attuned service. The proof of our commitment can be seen by our excellent reputation throughout Portslade for providing excellent service that can be matched nowhere else. You can rest assured that with Sussex Funeral Services you will always receive the highest-quality service coupled with the utmost respect, sensitivity, and compassion.
National Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors
Sussex Funeral Services is proud to be an honoured member of the national Society of Allied independent funeral directors. Our membership indicates that we conform to the highest industry standards, adhere to the society’s code of practice, and that we offer the most ethical and highest quality of service.
Sussex Funeral Services is a local, independent funeral directors and undertaking service proud to support the town of Portslade. To inquire about how we can help you, contact us today for free, no obligation consultation. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and can arrange home visits if required.
Information About Portslade
- Sussex Funerals offers funerary services services in Portslade Brighton. Which is located in South East England, and a large town in the county of East Sussex.
- Brighton is part of the City of Brighton and Hove forms part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area, a Unitary Authority in Sussex.
- A large number of leading businesses make Brighton and East Sussex their home including Sussex Funerals.
- Brighton was historically called Brighthelmstone.
- Blightey & Brighthelmstone are still frequently used nicknames.
- Over the years Brighton has assimilated villages and a number of settlements including Aldrington, Hangleton, Old Steine, Bevendean, Hangleton, Brunswick, Coldean and Black Rock.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Sussex Funerals’s funerary services service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Sussex Funerals within Brighton, Sussex include Saltdean, Rottingdean, Portslade-by-Sea, Ovingdean and Patcham,
- as well as Brighton and Hove’s outlying urban areas Woodingdean, Westdene, Withdean and West Blatchington.
- Just as importantly, Finally yet importantly, Sussex Funerals’s funerary services services cover the Brighton Municipality along with Bear Road area, Stanmer and Brighton Marina.
- Brighton is covered by the BN postcode area.
- The Sussex University and University of Brighton are known through out the United Kingdom.
- Preston Park, Brighton and Queen’s Park, Brighton are enjoyed by residents and known through out England.
- The major roads of Brighton are the A27 road and A23 road.
- The City of Brighton and Hove is bordered to the West, by Lancing, Littlehampton, Shoreham, Sompting, Southwick and Worthing.
- The town of Brighton is fringed by Peacehaven, Burgess Hill and Lewes to the East.