Brighton Funeral Directors
Sussex Funeral Services are Independent Brighton Funeral Directors in Brighton, serving the Brighton, Hove, Portslade and neighbouring communities. We offer a complete funerary service providing all aspects of funeral care, arrangements for cremations, burials (including interment of ashes) beginning from the moment you contact us.
We realise that arranging a funeral, particularly, when bereaved, can be one of the most challenging things you and your family will ever have to do for a deceased loved one. That is why we not only care for your loved ones with the utmost respect for you and your loved one; sensitivity for your loss and grief; and professionalism in all our undertakings – but we also ensure that our staff also apply the exact same moral and ethical standards, as ourselves; and that they are trained, experienced; and in particular to our morticians, are fully qualified.
Though we mention morticians, it is important to note, that though we are able to offer embalming in the appropriate circumstances, we don’t condone the unnecessary use of embalming procedures for very good reasons of a personal nature as well as the protection of the environment.
We can support you through the myriad of options available to mark the passing of a life including planning the funeral service, whether it is a burial or cremation, right through to discussing options for your loved one’s cremated remains eg scattering or interment of ashes etc.
Independent Brighton Funeral Directors
There are no ‘rules’ for funerals but rather you can choose the type of funeral ceremony you want to have. We emphasise our company slogan “for caring, compassion and choice” and are proud to be truly independent Funeral Directors in Brighton, East Sussex.
Being an independent local funeral director or funeral service provider and undertaker means we are able to provide completely bespoke services, which is responsive to individual needs, including traditional cremation or burial funeral services, which may be led by Minister or a more alternative funeral services, or memorial services that may be led by one of our trained celebrants or a humanist.
Whether you are seeking a simple, cost effective direct cremation which may be followed by a memorial service or whether you want a more extravagant end of life celebration – we can cater for your specific funerary requirements, and we will always present you with choices, and we don’t recommend the expensive coffins or flower arrangements! We will help you to consider the various funerary options choices available, without being rushed.
We can arrange a viewing of your loved one at our funeral home or indeed arrange an overnight stay at your home. As an alternative we can arrange for the funeral service to be held at your home or other suitable venue, instead of the usual crematorium chapel service. Whatever you choose we can help you arrange it all, even a suitable venue for a gathering afterwards, with any catering needs that might be required. And of course, we can also advise on the services available after the funeral ceremony itself, for example, urns, headstone/memorial stones, interment or scattering of ashes options.
Highest Standards, Flexible and Responsive to Your Needs
As a local funeral director, we make every effort to get involved in the Brighton, Hove and Portslade communities and strive to create the kind of personal relationship which leads to an individual, sensitive funerary service. We are flexible and responsive to your needs, especially at a time of loss and grief. We take great pride in our funeral services and seek to build a relationship of trust with you and our communities. You can be confident that the funeral service you receive from us will be delivered, to the highest standards and with the utmost respect.
National Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors
We are proud to say that we are approved members of the National Society of Allied Independent Funeral Directors (SAIF), which means that as professional undertakers we have met with the Associations funerary industry criteria and operate under a code of practice to ensure that we maintain the professions standards.
Sussex Funeral Services – Funeral Directors and Undertakers for Brighton, Hove and Portslade. For a free “without obligation” consultation please call Philip or Sallie on 01273 736469, located in Portland Road in Hove, or our mobile on 07789 174453.
Sussex Funeral Services is rated 5.00 stars by Reviews.co.uk based on 31 merchant reviews
Information About Brighton
- Sussex Funeral Services Limited offers Funeral services in Brighton, which is located in South East England, and a large town in the county of East Sussex.
- Part of the City of Brighton and Hove, Brighton forms a Unitary Authority and is part of the greater Brighton and Hove built-up area in Sussex.
- A large number of leading businesses make Brighton and East Sussex their home including Sussex Funeral Services.
- Brighton was historically called Brighthelmstone.
- Commonly used nicknames include Blightey & Brighthelmstone.
- Brighton is formed by a number of villages and settlements including Coldean, Bevendean, Aldrington, Old Steine, Black Rock, Hangleton and Bevendean.
- Hollingdean, Hove, Mile Oak, Moulsecoomb and Hollingbury are also part of Sussex Funeral Services’ Funeral service area in the City of Brighton and Hove.
- Other service areas of Sussex Funeral Services Limited within in Brighton, Sussex accommodate Portslade-by-Sea, Saltdean, Ovingdean, Patcham and Rottingdean,
- In addition to Brighton and Hove’s outer urban areas Woodingdean, Withdean, Westdene and West Blatchington.
- Last but not least Sussex Funeral Services’s Funeral services cover the Brighton Municipality including Bear Road area, Brighton Marina and Stanmer.
- Brighton is administered by the BN postcode area.
- The University of Brighton and Sussex University are prestigious throughout the United Kingdom.
- Queen’s Park, Brighton and Preston Park, Brighton are the most notable parks in Brighton and known throughout England.
- Brighton is the starting-point of the A23 road and Intersects with the A27 road.
- The town of Brighton and Hove is bordered by Littlehampton, Shoreham, Worthing, Lancing, Sompting and Southwick to the West.
- The town of Brighton is bordered by Lewes, Burgess Hill and Peacehaven to the East.